Have a seam on your Boat Canvas separate or tear, is not the end of the world when you have 100% natural, chemical free, non-staining, non toxic, Bee’s Knees Zipper Wax on your boat or in your toolbox!
Here is how to make your own boat canvas repairs:
- Clean the torn or split area of the canvas.
- Apply BKZW directly on the canvas where you are making the repair.
- Pull your thread through BKZW 4-6 times
- Mesh an frayed ends into each other for a tear off seam
- On seam remove any loose thread
- Thread your needle with the thread you waxed with BKZW
- Coat your needle with Bee’s Knees Zipper Wax
- Using the same holes on seam sew the separation closed
- If you can not use the same holes, no worries the coat of BKZW you gave your canvas will give the canvas strength!
- Sew the seam or tear slowly always making sure that you are capturing the frayed ends and use them as a mesh and reinforcement
- When the repair is complete, lightly rub BKZW on the sight and let the sun hit it or use a heat lamp or hair dryer… (make sure you keep artificial the heat source 10-14″ away from the canvas and never leave it unattended) Once you see the wax dissolve you are done and your repair should last and last and last!
- REMEMBER… BKZW WILL NOT HARM ANY SURFACE IT TOUCHES… INCLUDING ISINGLASS!!!
There is no doubt about it “When making repairs to your boat canvas, leather seating or jackets, Suede, or any thick fabric or material, you should use Bee’s Knees Zipper Wax to lubricate both the needle and thread! The needle will go through the fabric easier and creating waxed thread makes it stronger!”
Bee’s Knees Zipper Wax “Get’s Stuff Un-Stuck”… and more!!!
Get yours at www.beeskneeszipperwax.com
Buy 3 Get 1 Free and pay NO additional S & H